We include products we think are useful. If you buy through links on this page, we earn a small commission
The seventh chakra or the crown chakra is one of the energy centers and is located at the crown of the head. It is associated with wisdom, understanding, and spiritual connection. When you have an overactive crown chakra, it can lead to feelings of grandiosity, mental fog, and disconnection from the physical world. If you suspect that your crown chakra is overactive, there are a few key signs to look out for.
The word chakra comes from the Sanskrit word meaning wheel or disk. Sahasrara chakra is the seventh primary chakra according to Hindu tradition. It is also known as the crown chakra because it is located at the crown of the head. The crown chakra is associated with spirituality, enlightenment, and cosmic consciousness. When this chakra is balanced, you feel connected to the universe and your higher purpose. You are also able to think clearly and make wise decisions.
The chakra system is comprised of seven energy centers that correspond to different areas of the body. Each chakra is responsible for specific functions and governs different areas of our lives. They are as follows:
- The root chakra – located at the base of the spine – governs our feeling of safety and security.
- The sacral chakra – located just below the navel – governs our creativity, sexuality, and pleasure.
- The solar plexus chakra – located above the navel – governs our personal power and sense of self.
- The heart chakra – located in the center of the chest – governs our ability to love and be loved.
- The throat chakra – located in the throat area – governs our ability to communicate.
- The third eye chakra – located between the eyebrows – governs our intuition and psychic abilities.
- The crown chakra, or seventh chakra – located at the crown of your head. It is associated with wisdom, understanding, and spiritual connection.
The pituitary gland and the pineal gland are said to be the physical locations of the crown chakra. The pituitary gland is responsible for regulating growth hormone production, while the pineal gland is responsible for producing melatonin, which helps regulate our sleep cycles.
The Different States of the Crown Chakra
When the physical body is out of balance, it can be difficult to know which chakra is out of balance and why:
A blocked crown chakra is usually the result of a traumatic event or a series of events that have left you feeling disconnected from your spirituality. It can also be the result of beliefs that are no longer serving you. If your crown chakra is blocked, you may feel disconnected from your higher self, and you may struggle to find meaning in your life.
An underactive crown chakra can be the result of a lack of spiritual connection in your life. If your crown chakra is underactive, you may feel disconnected from your higher self and the spiritual world. You may also struggle to find meaning in your life.
An overactive crown chakra can be the result of an obsession with spiritual matters or a need to escape from the physical world. If your crown chakra is overactive, you may feel like you are disconnected from your body and the physical world. You may also experience mental fog and feelings of grandiosity.
An overactive crown chakra can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Excessive use of drugs or alcohol
- A traumatic event or series of events
- A need to escape from the physical world
- An obsession with spiritual matters or spiritual awakening
Signs Of An Overactive Crown Chakra
Lack of empathy
Empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. When your crown chakra is overactive, you may find it difficult to empathize with others. You may find yourself so wrapped up in your own spiritual journey that you fail to see how your actions are affecting those around you. While this lack of empathy is not intentional, it can be hurtful or come off as insensitive to those who are close to you.
Disconnection from the physical world
When your crown chakra is overactive, you may feel like you are disconnected from your body, the human experience, and the physical world. You may find yourself lost in thought or feeling like you are floating outside of your body. Spending time with people may lead to chronic fatigue as your body tries to process the overwhelming amount of energy it is taking in.
When you have a balanced crown chakra, you are able to think clearly and process information quickly. However, when your crown chakra is overactive, you may find yourself feeling mentally foggy or unable to focus. This can be frustrating, especially if you are used to being a quick thinker. Normal brain functions, such as decision-making and problem-solving, may become more difficult.
An overactive crown chakra can cause anxiety, as you may feel like you are constantly bombarded with too much information. You may also find yourself worrying about things that you normally wouldn’t. This can lead to a feeling of being overwhelmed or stressed. Your nervous system may also be affected, leading to symptoms such as headaches, muscle tension, and difficulty sleeping.
Feelings of grandiosity
The top of the head is often associated with feelings of expansiveness and grandiosity. When your crown chakra is overactive, you may find yourself feeling like you are more important than you really are. You may also start to believe that you are invincible or that you have a special connection to the divine. While you are part of higher consciousness and universal consciousness there is a thin line between a healthy ego and arrogance. You may find your sense of self-importance leads you to act in ways that are out of alignment with pure consciousness and your true spiritual nature. Inner wisdom is more about unconditional love and peace and not about power or control.
If you suspect that you have symptoms of a crown chakra imbalance the best way to treat it is with energy healing. Energy healing helps to rebalance the crown chakra and allows the free flow of energy throughout the body.
How to Heal An Overactive Crown Chakra
Mindfulness may be the best thing for an overactive third eye chakra and everything else on a spiritual level. The present moment is the only moment that truly exists and when we get lost in our thoughts, we are living in the past or the future. The key is to focus on the present moment and use our thoughts as a tool, not as a jailer.
Related: Meditation 101: The Beginners Guide
A great way to practice mindfulness is by developing a meditation practice. Science shows the cerebral cortex “thickens” with meditation, which helps improve focus and attention. If you are new to meditation, there are many great apps, such as Headspace, that can help get you started.
Positive affirmations or mindful affirmations are another great way to focus on the present moment. By repeating positive affirmations, you are effectively training your brain to focus on the present moment and let go of negative energy or negative thoughts.
A yoga practice can help to release blocked energy in the crown chakra and promote balance throughout the entire body. There are many different types of yoga, so it is important to find a practice that feels comfortable for you. If you are new to yoga, it is best to start with a beginner’s class or private session.
These poses help to release tension in the muscles and promote blood flow to the head and neck. They also help to bring more awareness to the crown chakra itself.
A few yoga poses that are beneficial for the crown chakra are:
Lotus flower – Sit with your legs crossed in front of you and your hands in a mudra (hand position) at your heart. Take a few deep breaths and imagine a white light shining down from the crown of your head.
Petal lotus – Start in the same position as the lotus flower pose. Raise your arms up overhead and interlace your fingers. As you inhale, open your arms and raise your chin. As you exhale, bring your arms back to your heart and lower your chin.
Half lotus pose – Start in a seated position with one leg crossed in front of you and the other leg extended out to the side. Place your hands in mudra at your heart. As you inhale, raise your arms up overhead. As you exhale, bring your hands back to your heart.
Tree pose – Stand with your feet hip-width apart and place your hands on your hips. Shift your weight onto your left foot and bring your right foot to rest on your left ankle, calf, or thigh (whichever is comfortable). Take a few deep breaths and imagine your crown chakra opening and closing like a flower.
Corpse pose – Lie down on your back with your legs and arms extended. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Focus on your crown chakra and imagine a white light shining down from the heavens.
The highest chakra at the top of your head can be opened on a physical level.This physical activity helps to release blocked energy and bring more awareness to the crown chakra.
Essential oils have healing properties from the plant they come from. They come from all over the world, each with its own unique vibration. The vibration of the essential oil is what helps to heal the body, mind, and spirit. When using essential oils for the crown chakra, look for ones that are high in vibrational energy such as:
- Jasmine oil- This oil is often used in meditation and has a calming effect on the mind. It can help to ease anxiety and stress.
- Lavender oil- This oil is known for its ability to relax the body and mind. It can help to reduce symptoms of anxiety and insomnia.
- Rosemary oil- This oil can help to improve mental clarity and focus. It is also known for its ability to ease muscle tension.
- Peppermint oil- This oil can help to improve mental clarity and focus. It is also known for its ability to ease muscle tension.
- Sandalwood oil- This oil has a calming effect on the mind and can help to ease anxiety and stress.
There is a strong connection between the energy of the crown chakra and healing crystals. Crystals have their own unique vibration that can help to heal the body, mind, and spirit. When using crystals for healing, it is important to cleanse them before each use. This helps to remove any negative energy that they may have absorbed. When choosing crystals for the crown chakra, look for ones that are high in vibrational energy.
Some of the best crystals for the crown chakra are:
- Clear Quartz- This crystal is known for its ability to amplify the energy of other stones. It can also help to improve mental clarity and focus.
- Amethyst- This crystal is known for its ability to calm the mind and ease stress. It can also help to improve sleep quality.
- Sodalite- This crystal is known for its ability to promote mental clarity and peace. It can also help to ease anxiety and stress.
- Selenite- This crystal is known for its ability to cleanse and purify the energy of other stones. It can also help to improve mental clarity and focus.
- Lepidolite – This crystal is known for its ability to calm the mind and ease stress. It can also help to improve sleep quality.
- Turquoise- This crystal is known for its ability to promote mental clarity and peace. It can also help to ease anxiety and stress.
- Moonstone- This crystal is known for its ability to promote emotional balance. It can also help to ease anxiety and stress.
- Malachite- This crystal is known for its ability to cleanse and purify the energy of other stones. It can also help to improve mental clarity and focus.
How you care for the human body is just as important as your spiritual practice. The physical symptoms of overactive chakras are signs from a divine energy that something in your life needs to change. In order to bring balance back to the crown chakra, it is important to make some lifestyle changes.
Some lifestyle changes that can help to bring balance back to the crown chakra are:
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet with vegetables and herbal teas
- Exercising regularly
- Getting enough sleep
- Meditating or doing yoga regularly
- Spending time in nature
- Avoiding drugs and alcohol
- Practicing positive thinking and self-love
When the crown chakra is in balance, you feel connected to your higher self and the divine energy of the universe. You are able to see the beauty in life and feel a sense of wonderment. You are able to live in the present moment and trust your intuition. You feel a sense of peace and calm.
If you want to read more about the crown chakra, here are some other resources that you may find helpful:
- Energy Healing: 6 in 1: Medicine for Body, Mind and Spirit. An extraordinary guide to Chakra and Quantum Healing, Kundalini and Third Eye Awakening, Reiki and Meditation and Mindfulness.
- Chakra Healing: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Healing Techniques that Balance the Chakras
- The Key to the Chakras: From Root to Crown: Advice and Exercises to Unlock Your True Potential
- The Ultimate Guide to Chakras: The Beginner’s Guide to Balancing, Healing, and Unblocking Your Chakras for Health and Positive Energy
The health of your crown chakra is a sign that something in your life needs to change. This can mean changing the way you eat, exercise, or spend time with loved ones. Making adjustments to these aspects of your life will help bring balance back and improve the overall quality of it
Remember: when this chakra is balanced, you feel connected to yourself and those around you on an emotional level as well as a spiritual one. The energy from this center also helps us see things more clearly so we are able to make better decisions for ourselves. Each person’s journey towards achieving balance may be different but there are some similarities too – healthy lifestyle choices such as eating right and exercising regularly always seem high up on everyone’s list!