The root chakra is the first of seven energy centers in the body and is located at the base of the spine. It governs our sense of safety and security and is responsible for our feelings of being grounded and connected to the earth. When this chakra is blocked or out of balance, we may feel anxious, ungrounded, or disconnected from our physical bodies. Root chakra mantras can help to open and energize this energy center, creating a sense of grounding and stability in our lives.
Bija mantras are sound vibrations that correspond with each of the chakras. The root chakra’s bija mantra is “lam.” This sound helps to ground and stabilize the energy in the chakra. A seed mantra is a longer, more complex mantra that contains the energy of the bija mantra. The solar plexus chakra’s seed mantra is “ram.” This sound helps to increase the power and strength of the chakra.
The muladhara chakra, or root chakra, is responsible for the feeling of safety and security. It is located at the base of the spine and is symbolized by the color red. The root chakra is the foundation of the chakra system, and it is important to keep it balanced and healthy.
The Root Chakra And Its Function
While the physical body is rooted in the Earth through the feet and legs we are also founded through chakras. The first chakra, Muladhara (root chakra), is located at the base of the spine. It is associated with the feeling of safety and grounding. The root chakra is responsible for our survival instinct and our sense of belonging. The main chakras are:
The sacral chakra is located in the lower abdomen, just below the navel. It is associated with the emotional body, sexuality, and creativity. The sacral chakra is responsible for our ability to feel pleasure and enjoyment.
The solar plexus chakra is located in the upper abdomen, just below the breastbone. It is associated with the mental body, personal power, and self-esteem. The solar plexus chakra is responsible for our ability to assert ourselves and to be confident.
The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest. It is associated with the spiritual body, love, and compassion. The heart chakra is responsible for our ability to love and be loved.
The throat chakra is located in the throat. It is associated with the etheric body, communication, and self-expression. The throat chakra is responsible for our ability to speak our truth and to express ourselves creatively.
The third eye chakra is located in the center of the forehead. It is associated with the astral body, intuition, and imagination. The third eye chakra is responsible for our ability to see clearly and to have a strong intuition.
The crown chakra is located at the top of the head. It is associated with the causal body, spirituality, and enlightenment. The crown chakra is responsible for our connection to Spirit and our ability to live in alignment with our highest selves.
The root chakra is the foundation of our being. It is the root of our physical, emotional, and spiritual bodies. The root chakra is responsible for our sense of safety and security. When the root chakra is balanced, we feel grounded, stable, and secure. We are able to meet our basic needs and feel a sense of belonging.
Symptoms Of A Blocked Root Chakra
Basic needs are things like food, water, shelter, and clothing. They are the foundation of our survival. When our root chakra is balanced, we feel confident that we can meet our basic needs. We feel a sense of belonging and connection to the Earth. The human body needs emotional nourishment from the Earth and its energy in order to survive. This is why a balanced root chakra is so important.
There are many symptoms of a blocked root chakra. Some of these symptoms include:
- feeling disconnected from the Earth
- feeling unsafe and insecure
- feeling like you can’t trust anyone or anything
- feeling anxious or stressed all the time
- feeling like you’re not good enough
- and having financial problems
The nervous system is also affected when the root chakra is blocked. This can manifest as problems with:
- the adrenal glands
- reproductive organs
You may also experience issues with your feet, legs, and lower back. The center of your forehead may feel heavy or tight. When the root chakra is blocked, we may also find it difficult to relax and be present in the moment.
The seed syllable for the root chakra is “LAM.” chanting this syllable can help to balance and heal the root chakra. Mantras are powerful tools that can help to unblock and balance the energy of this chakra.
There are many things you can do to heal a blocked root chakra. Some of these things include: eating grounding foods, use essential oils, mantra meditation, practice kundalini yoga, get a massage, and spend time in nature. Spiritual practices like these can help you to feel more connected and grounded.
A root chakra mantra is a phrase or word that is repeated during meditation with the intention of opening and balancing the root chakra. A solid foundation is essential for any structure, and the root chakra is the foundation of our energy system. Inner peace and harmony begin with a balanced root chakra. The entire body is affected when the root chakra is out of balance.
This specific chakra at the base of your spine is essential to the primary chakras, These energy centres and base chakra are the root of your being, and if they are unbalanced it can lead to feelings of insecurity, anxiety, and restlessness. The spinal cord, large intestine, and adrenal glands are all linked to the root chakra.
A root chakra imbalance can result in health problems such as constipation, back pain, and Sciatica. An imbalance can also lead to financial insecurity, survival issues, and feelings of being unsupported.
Using a powerful mantra in a meditative state is great for chakra balancing. The ring finger and root chakra are connected, so it’s also helpful to wear a root chakra bracelet or ring.
The index finger is also helpful for this chakra as it is associated with the root chakra. Wearing red jasper gemstone is also said to be helpful in opening and balancing the root chakra.
24 Root Chakra Mantras To Help You Feel Balanced And Grounded
1. LAM – is a one-syllable sound known as a bija, or “seed,” mantra. It is the bija mantra associated with the muladhara (root) chakra, and its vibration is believed to activate this energy center.
2. I AM – this mantra helps to connect you with your true identity and purpose.
3. I AM SAFE – helps to dissipate fear and insecurity, promoting feelings of safety and well-being.
4. I AM WORTHY – helps to increase your sense of self-worth and confidence.
5. I AM LOVED – helps to open your heart and feel the love of the universe.
6. I AM ABUNDANT – helps to increase your sense of abundance and prosperity.
7. I AM STRONG – helps to increase your physical strength and vitality.
8. I AM CENTERED – helps to keep you grounded and present in the moment.
9. I AM POWERFUL – helps to increase your personal power and ability to manifest your desires.
10. I AM PEACE – helps to promote inner peace and calmness.
11. OM NAMAH SHIVAYA – is a powerful mantra that honors Shiva, the divine masculine principle.
12. OM GAM GANAPATAYE NAMAHA – is a mantra that honors Ganesha, the remover of obstacles.
13. OM MANI PADME HUM – is a sacred mantra of the Bodhisattva of Compassion, Avalokiteshvara.
14. AUM – is the sound of the universe and the ultimate expression of the Divine.
15. SO HAM – is a mantra that affirms your identity as the Divine presence itself.
16. HUA TUO NA MO FO – is a Chinese Buddhist mantra that translates to “Be at peace, be at peace, be gone.”
17. AUM NAMO BHAGAVATE VASUDEVAYA – is a mantra that honors the divine principle of Vasudeva.
18. OM SARVESHAM SWASTIR BHAVATU – is a Sanskrit mantra that translates to “May all beings be happy and prosperous.”
19. LOKAH SAMASTHAH SUKHINO BHAVANTU – is a Sanskrit mantra that translates to “May all beings in all worlds be happy and free from suffering.”
20. MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY AND FREE – is a simple but powerful mantra that Wish for the happiness and freedom of all beings.
21. NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO – is a powerful mantra of the Lotus Sutra, which is said to lead to enlightenment.
22. GATE GATE PARAGATE PARASAMGATE BODHI SVAHA – is a mantra from the Heart Sutra that translates to “gone, gone, gone beyond, gone altogether beyond, awake, s/he is awake.”
23. AH HUM VAJRA GURU PEMA SIDDHI HUM – is a mantra that honors Guru Rinpoche, also known as Padmasambhava.
24. OM BENZA SATTO HUNG – is a Tibetan Buddhist mantra that translates to “I am the truth, I am the goodness”.
25. EK ONG KAAR – “The creator and the creation are one”, this mantra is used to connect with the divine energy of the universe.
Benefits of Using Root Chakra Mantras
Root chakra mantras are a powerful way to connect with your root chakra and promote feelings of safety and security. Focusing on the center of your chest to your belly button, root chakra mantras can help to ground you when you feel scattered or disconnected. By promoting feelings of stability and strength, root chakra mantras can also help to increase your overall sense of well-being.
The earth element is associated with the root chakra, so these root chakra mantras will also help you to connect with the Earth and feel more anchored. An energy shift in the root chakra can often be felt throughout the entire body, so if you are seeking a complete sense of balance, focus on your root chakra.
Your spiritual development in this physical world is also supported by a healthy root chakra. A strong root chakra will help you to feel more confident and secure in your ability to manifest your desires. Unconditional love for yourself and others starts with a strong root chakra. This powerful tool can help you to open your heart and live a more fulfilling life.
Spiritual growth and spiritual balance are essential to our overall health and root chakra mantras can help to support this by providing a strong base. The flow of energy in our root chakra is often disrupted when we experience trauma or major life changes. This can lead to feelings of anxiety, insecurity, and even depression. Root chakra mantras can help to encourage the flow of energy in this area and promote feelings of safety and security.
If you’re experiencing low self-esteem, anxiety disorders, issues with reproductive organs, or problems with your feet or legs, root chakra mantras may help to restore balance. The lotus flower is often associated with the root chakra, so you may find it helpful to visualize a lotus flower opening at your root chakra while chanting these root chakra mantras.